Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Flooded Out Bike Path For Bike To Work Day

In 2013 I commuted a tad over one-thousand miles via bike.  Four things kept me from commuting more: business trips, work from home days, lightning, and flooding. So far in 2014 I have commuted just over a hundred miles by bike because I'm now a full-time teleworker.  So I was really looking forward to May 15th's Bike To Work Day.  I used the day as a reason to schedule meetings in the office and made plans to meet up and commute with a fellow Katy dwelling coworker and MS 150 teammate.  So of course we get 8 inches of rain the last two days and the path through George Bush Park is flooded out the night before Bike To Work Day.  Unfortunately the only alternate routes I know of involve streets with heavy car commuter traffic.  Next year then! 

Check out these pictures I took of the mixed use path through George Bush Park on May 14th at around 7:00 PM.

George Bush Park, Houston, Flooding
Bench that looks over the river that runs through the park.  This is west of the boardwalk

George Bush Park, Houston, Flooding
Entrance to boardwalk from west side

George Bush Park, Houston, Flooding
Heading East towards Barker Cypress just after the boardwalk

George Bush Park, Houston, Flooding
Heading East towards Barker Cypress just after the boardwalk



No comments:

Post a Comment